Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Program Slogans That Work

     Today I am struggling.  There is no shame in that.  There are going to be days like this.  It's important for me to understand a month of recovery only goes so far.  My life does not become perfect just because I've decided to get help.
      I've been using a few slogans to help me get through my days and disappointments such as the one I experienced today.  "Progress, not Perfection"  "It may not be okay, but it is okay to feel."  "I am enough".  As I try to convince myself that I am deserving of happiness and that life will get better, I'll leave you guys with some other helpful slogans.

ACA Slogans:
                ACA is Simple but it is Not Easy
                Live Beyond Mere Survival
                There is Another Way to Live
                One Day at a Time
                Easy Does It
                Keep it Simple
                Progress Not Perfection
                First Things First
                This Pain Too Shall Pass
                Let Go.  Let God.
                Keep Coming Back
                Name It, Don’t Blame It
                Ask for Help and Accept It
                Pray and Pray Harder
                Don’t Just Do Something.  Sit There.
                Be Still and Know.
                There is no Healing without Feeling

Copied from p.52 of Adult Children: Alcoholic/Dysfunctional Families (“The Big Red Book”).  Can be ordered here.

No comments:

Post a Comment